TIME FOR ANOTHER WARDROBE REMIX CHALLENGE!
Almost everyone has a collared shirt kicking around in their wardrobe (or perhaps collecting dust there). A classic button up is timeless, classic and professional … but it can also feel plain, masculine and uninspiring.
In this week’s wardrobe remix, I’m challenging you to step up your button up look. Here’s three tips to soften, relax, feminize and/or elevate the vibe:
1) Relaxed styling: Take the vibe from stiff to chill by:
- Popping the collar
- Leaving several buttons undone for sexy look (ooh la la)
- Pushing up the sleeves
- Inverting the collar to “flip” the style
- Knotting it up to transform the fit
2) Layer on a statement accessory: Layering a statement necklace on top of a collared shirt is always a visually interesting look! This yin-yang effect is guaranteed to get noticed!
3) Pair with an ultra girly skirt: The contrast between masculine with feminine and structured and unstructured is always delightful!