Happy "spring forward" weekend!
What Daylight Savings Time steals from us in sleep and relaxation, it makes up for in the promise that #SpringIsComing.
Being on the brink of spring is a trying time for both our psyche and our style. In stores, it's all florals, sleeveless tops and bright colors, but outside, it's still bitter winds and grey skies.
If the thought of wearing your winter wardrobe another five weeks makes you shiver more than the 0 degree weather outside, try these transitional style hacks to keep your spirits up until the mercury rises.
1) Bright coats: Nothing energizes an outfit like color. Give your wardrobe an instant lift by swapping out your black parka for a bold spring hue.
2) Long-sleeve shirts under sleeveless dresses: This pragmatic trend has been around for several seasons. Use it to get your spring dresses back into rotation!
3) Socks with sandals: There's something refreshing about breaking a fashion taboo that's as old as you are - especially when it offers a practical solution to mid-season dressing. Socks with sandals made a splash on the catwalks last spring and are back for another act this year.
4) Bring spring colors (grounded with neutrals): The stores (and perhaps your closet) are now filled with spring brights, but somehow coral pants and a pastel blouse can seem inappropriate at Mother Nature's next blizzard party. Try anchoring your spring brights with neutrals to create mid-season harmony.
5) Culottes with boots: Add boots to make culottes a pragmatic option. You can always slip into a different shoe when you reach your destination to further lighten the vibe.
6) Maxis with sweaters: It's my personal belief that slipping into a maxi dress instantly lowers anxiety levels. It's a symbolic commitment to keep it light, no matter what the day throws at you. Find your zen sooner than later by pairing a maxi skirt or dress with chunky sweaters, bombers and moto jackets.
Need more mid-season inspiration? Check out the Pinterest board.
Join me on Instagram for more spring style tips!
Lesley Elizabeth is a Certified Personal Stylist & Image Consultant helping women unlock their full potential with affordable Micro Capsule Wardrobes. Start your style transformation today with a FREE discovery call.